- A Bachelor of Arts degree, or an equivalent undergraduate degree, with a final grade of 2.5 (German standard) or better.
|Subject-specific requirements: || |
- You should preferably have studied English or American Studies as major subject, or at least have qualifications in subjects related to the program.
- English majors must have taken 180 ECTS CP (European Credit Transfer System), English minors must have taken at least 54 ECTS CP. English language practice, English and/or American literary studies and/or linguistics must have comprised at least ¼ of your studies.
- You must have written at least one substantial academic research paper (10-15 pages) in English on English/American literature or linguistics.
|English language requirements: || |
- C1 level minimum (CEFR), assessed based on the required documents (primarily the writing sample and the motivation letter; no English language proficiency certificate required!)
Alongside the entry requirements, our admission committee will assess both your language proficiency and compentencies relevant for the Master's program on the basis of your writing sample, grades and motivation statement. Thus, additional language proficiency certificates like IELTS, CAE or TOEFL are not required for admission.
Please check the application section for more information and for applying via the online application system. You might find some questions answered in the FAQ section.